The Love of My Life

/ Tuesday, December 18, 2012 /
Two and a half years in and not a day goes by swift and easy. I don't mind it so much though, so long as he is honest and faithful. Everything else, the money, the lifestyle choices, the fits over who gets control of the remote control and so on and so forth, is acceptable as long as he meets (and in his case, surpasses) my expectations and turn-ons for a man.

To be honest, when we first started dating, I just thought it was going to be a summer fling. We became official the night of my high school graduation, a day before his official graduation date. We were crazy infatuated with each other, err, at least I was. Summer brought a lot of new experiences and I was able to share it all with him. Fall came along, and then Winter and Spring, then Summer again. The funny thing was that summer of 2010 never seemed to have ended. A few months into our second year, he joined the Army and was M.I.A for the majority of 2011 and was officially released from BCT and AIT in early 2012. When he was home, it was like nothing had changed.

There were a few speed bumps along the way and there were times when we were just through with the bullshit.. so we cut the bullshit out and replaced it with love from there. We've never been perfect, we argued more than the average young couple, I can guarantee you that. I had trust issues and he has a mind of a two year old but somehow, we just connect and never really left Summer 2010. We are, what I would call, a serious fling, haha if that makes any odd sense. It's just one more reason why I fell so in love with him.. he is the fantasy that is my reality.

Photo Credit: Diana Pham

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 Toujours Été Mon Amour, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger