Acure Calming Body Lotion

/ Sunday, November 4, 2012 /
What I call "love at first touch". At first, I was skeptical about making the purchase because of its small packaging but once I tried the tester, I was sold.

Acure's Calming Body Lotion is a great example of the saying, "a little goes a long way". It has the perfect consistency; not too thick that it would take some time for absorbency and not too thin for me to have to put a whole lot of it on. It has a light, spa-like scent of lavender and lotus flower that stays on while I work on my hair and make-up and pairs well with my favorite perfume. The omega-3 fatty acids, argan oil, and pumpkin seeds make it a great moisturizer but the thought put into this product gives me a peace of mind. The lotion is vegan, paraben free, sulfate free, cruelty free, and gluten free. Any use of synthetic fragrance is out of the question and Acure is Fair Trade Certified, meaning that the company guarantees livable wages for workers and their families. On the back of the bottle, it also reads that for every bottle sold, one tree is planted. Good idea!

Acure was founded in honor of (Designer) Kristy Guerra's grandmother who battled breast cancer for 10 years. She wanted to build awareness and fund for breast cancer research while promoting healthier living and a greener planet. Acure donates to Bright Pink, "the only national non-profit organization focusing on the prevention and early detection of breast and ovarian cancer in young women, while providing support for high-risk individuals" (Bright Pink, 2012) while also donating 5% of its profit to provide free mammograms to at-risk women.

I feel much more at ease and very proud knowing that my one purchase not only benefits me personally, but benefits the world as a whole. All this from one pretty little bottle ♥

Photo Credit: Pintrest Fanatic

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 Toujours Été Mon Amour, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger