The Sweetest Afterthought

/ Wednesday, October 10, 2012 /
It's the most incredible feeling I have ever beheld, the homecoming of a baby girl I could call my own. Within a short period of time, I have grown so attached to my new puppy that she's not just a pet, but my very own daughter. This must be coming from my newly found crazy dog-lady persona but, really, Lily* the Dachshund and Pug mix, has become a world inside my own. I know her silly quirks, like how she stands and bows when she asks for something, as well as her conniving attitude when she's been caught chewing on my flip flops for the 105th time that day. It's amazing how something so tiny that churns its soil like a mad machine can capture my heart and reveal another side to me. She tests my patience and I am forced to treat her on a whole different level. Lily isn't human, she doesn't speak or understand English, and she's only 3 months old. She's pretty amazing and every morning when I visit her in her kennel, she reminds me of how blessed I am. Its the simple joys in life that make all the difference. Whenever I am angry, sad, or stressed, she looks over and I just know right then and there that these burdens are only temporary and that it can only get better from here if I make it so.

Photo Credit: Diana Pham

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 Toujours Été Mon Amour, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger